The Merchant supports the importance that the community places on the maintenance of informational privacy of individuals' personal and sensitive information. This extends to the collection and management of information held in its records regarding individuals.
- how and when The Merchant collects personal information;
- how The Merchant uses and discloses personal information;
- how The Merchant keeps personal information secure, accurate and up-to-date;
- how an individual can access and correct their personal information; and
- how The Merchant will facilitate or resolve a privacy complaint.
It is The Merchant's usual practice to collect personal information directly from the individual that personal information concerns. The types of information we collect are listed here. Sometimes, if you are an employee or potential employee of The Merchant, we may request personal information from you which consists of sensitive personal information. The types of sensitive information we collect are listed here.
However, sometimes The Merchant may collect personal information from a third party. If we have collected personal information from a third party we will, whenever reasonably possible, make you aware that we have done this and why.
Use and Disclosure
The Merchant only uses and discloses personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, which are directly related to one of our functions or activities here. The Merchant only discloses your personal information to those parties external to The Merchant where those third parties assist The Merchant in carrying out its services or are a related party to The Merchant. Examples of those organisations are listed here and includes venues and event promoters, bands and industry partners.
You may unsubscribe from receiving any further communication from us at any time. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from The Merchant or our industry partners, please contact us via the details provided below, or follow the unsubscribe links in any email communication you may receive from us or our industry partners.
Cross Border Disclosure
Security and Access
The Merchant takes steps to protect the personal information we hold against unauthorised access, loss, use, modification or disclosure. Please see here as we may require you to provide us with further information should the personal information we collect from you need updating.
The Merchant's Obligations
How to contact us
For further information or to make a complaint, please contact The Merchant care of email@example.com or write to us at PO Box 476, Annerley, Qld, 4103.
Collection Notification Statement - Online Ticket Purchases
Collection Notification Statement under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
Ticket Solutions Pty Ltd (ABN 94 106 907 206) trading as The Merchant (herein referred to as "the Merchant, our, us, we") is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and their personal information and complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Please read this carefully as it will have important consequences for you in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information you provide to Merchant.
You understand that:
1. The Merchant is the party who is collecting your personal information and we can be contacted care of firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can write to us at PO Box 476, Annerley, Qld, 4103.
2. The Merchant will collect your personal information directly from you. In certain circumstances, the Merchant may require to collect personal information from your financial institution in order to process the purchase you are making with us.
3. The purpose of the Merchant collecting your personal information is:
(a) to process your application for a ticket purchase, which will include but will not be limited to:
- verifying your identification; and
- processing payment for the ticket purchase;
(c) to provide you with direct marketing communications from us or our related bodies and industry partners (using direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages) including but not limited to our eNews Flash, eNewsletter, Special Offers and Third Party Special Offer subscriptions, and you acknowledge and agree to your personal information being collected and used for, and in connection with, these purposes.
4. If we do not collect this personal information in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3, then:
(a) we will be unable to process your payment for the ticket purchase; and
(b) we will be unable to send you direct marketing communications (unless you have consented to such communications through your other dealings with The Merchant).
5. Your personal information being disclosed to the following classes of people and organisations in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3:
(a) The Merchant and its personnel;
(b) your financial institution and in some circumstances, our financial institution;
(c) our related partners for direct marketing purposes;
(d) our third party payment gateway service provider; and
(e) the venue, event promoter or presenter or organiser, or band for which you are purchasing the ticket.
6. It is possible that some of the information collected via this application may be disclosed to The Merchant's related body corporate outside of Australia. You consent to your information being disclosed to a destination outside Australia for this purpose, including but not limited to New Zealand and you understand and acknowledge that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures of your personal information.